AHA’s are organic acids derived from foodstuffs. They also occur in the natural physiological processes of the human body. AHA’s are very effective to reverse sun damage, treat hyperpigmentation and is an extremely effective treatment for acne.
Specific research based on the unique Triple Combination, Concentration (%) and Strength (pH) of AHAs that facilitate the optimum dermal skin rejuvenation with minimal skin irritations.
The short and long-term effects of AHA’s:
- Epidermal findings suggest changes in the basal cell physiology and normalisation of cell function occurs with some reversal of basal cell atrophy.
- There is a reduction in the Stratum Corneum thickness which is not due to an irritation and keratolytic effect, but through the alteration of the strength of cohesion between the basal epidermal cells.
- The thickness of the Stratum Corneum stabilised after 8 weeks of applying AHA’s to the skin on a daily basis for a period of one year and longer.
- AHA’s in the correct concentration and strength and therefore do not thin the skin or reduce the protective function of the skin. There is also no evidence of inflammation and thus makes it suitable for long term use.
- Improved epidermal physiology and healthier upper dermal layers in fact improve skin resistance and tolerance levels.
- Dermal thickening occurred for up to 28 weeks and then stabilised. This also proves that AHA’s (in the correct strength and concentration) should be used long term to achieve optimal skin rejuvenation.
- Increase deposition of Glycosaminoglycans allows the skin to retain more water and increases hydration.