Having acne or blemish-prone skin can be extremely frustrating due to its differing causes of prolonged recurrence. This condition can also leave you emotionally scarred with bruised self-esteem. While striving to achieve blemish-free skin, professional face treatments may become a viable option to consider. Let us explore how they work and delve into the efficacy of professional facials in the treatment of acne.
What is Blemish-Prone Skin?
Blemish-prone skin is a condition that manifests as oily skin (appearing shiny) with a range of persisting pimples, blackheads and acne breakouts. It is commonly due to excess production and secretion of sebum by your skin, which ultimately leads to clogged pores, inflammation, and blemishes. It is important to note that problematic skin may also occur because of a change in hormones, various lifestyle factors and a host of other dermatological conditions.
What is a Professional Facial Treatment?
A professional facial treatment is skincare therapy that includes chemical peels, microdermabrasion, light therapy and more. It is usually administered by a professional skincare therapist at a skincare clinic or spa. Professional facial treatments ranges in intensity based on the condition of your skin. If you have moderate to severe acne, it would be best to seek help from a skincare professional first.
What to Expect
During the facial, multiple steps of treatments are applied to your face and neck, usually while you are lying down. The series may include, but is not limited to:
- cleansing – removes dead skin cells and facial oils which can clog pores.
- steam baths – your skin is exposed to steam through either a steam vaporiser or hot towels are applied to open up your pores for better product absorption.
- exfoliating – enzymes may be used on your skin to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores.
- active treatment – depending on the type of facial, this section may include the application of a peeling agent/s which has specific benefits to treat a skin concern
- mask – treatment masks are chosen to compliment the results of the facial and to provide particular benefits to the skin which could include detoxifying, hydrating, firming, soothing effects
- massaging – this helps your skin further absorb products and promotes blood circulation. A massage is usually included in a more luxurious facial. moisturising – this step is to seal in hydration and treatments applied.
- SPF – an important aspect of any treatment is to conclude with an SPF product that provides protection against UV radiation
The number of treatments to choose from can sometimes seem endless. Therefore, it is always advisable to consult one of our professional skincare therapists about the face treatment suitable for your skin’s health. Professional face treatments are not an overnight solution. Allow for some time to pass to see results and improvement. Face treatments alone are not a sustainable treatment plan for blemish-prone skin. An effective daily skincare routine and consistent facials improve the appearance of blemishes and helps prevent future breakouts.
What Makes a Face Treatment Effective for Blemish-Prone Skin?
One of the most significant elements of your treatment is the professional skincare therapist and their level of skill and knowledge. Check that your professional skincare therapist is qualified with experience. You can even ask to see a portfolio of clients they have treated and their results.
The improvement you desire to see in your skin can depend on several factors. These include:
- intensity of the facial
- the type of acne
- quality of products used
- medication you are currently on
Nimue’s Blemish-Prone Skin Treatment
Nimue has a wide selection of professional treatments, along with a range of skincare products designed to target problematic skin that you can use at home. There is also a tips and guide page where you can read more about Nimue’s skin therapy solutions.
Nimue’s Problematic Skin Solution features the Purifier Day, Purifier Night, Purifying Serum and Purifying Mask. You can learn more about Nimue and these products here and start your journey towards blemish-free skin today.
Professional facial treatments can be an enjoyable part of your self-care routine and a great way to gain self-confidence while effectively treating your skin. Depending on your skin – problematic or blemish-prone – they can help improve the appearance of blemishes and breakouts. Skincare treatments on their own provide temporary results, but with an effective skincare routine, they are more beneficial. Find out more about Nimue’s professional treatments for different skin conditions and types here.
At Nimue Skin, we aim to educate people about their skin and what products they should use and provide a wide range of professional skin treatments. Find out more about us here or Get in contact with us today!